Mercy Career & Technical High School takes student leadership very seriously. It is one of the base lines for advocacy and the creation of tomorrow's leaders. Below find out more about our Mercy Student Council (MSC) and Student Ambassador Program.
Mercy Student Council (MSC):
The Mercy Student Council is an elected body whose members must demonstrate a willingness to serve, uphold, and encourage the Mercy spirit among students, faculty, and staff. MSC members must also demonstrate leadership abilities and be role models for the benefit of the whole student body. As Council Members they are responsible for student activities, fundraising, and school functions such as Open Houses that are conducted twice a year. Members must adhere to school policy and work together to better the school community. Mercy Student Council meets once bi-weekly before school.
2020-2021 Mercy Student Council Members:
- Alyah Figueroa, MSC President
- Bryan Bueno, MSC Vice President
- Manny Morales Jr., MSC Secretary
- Moira Hurst, MSC Treasurer
- Carlita Johnson, Business
- Gabrielle Parker-Graham, Culinary & Pastry Arts
- Zymir Rutledge, Business
- Akira Gatling, Health Occupations
- E'Ticia Cruzado, Computer Technology
- Sanaa Fowler, Cosmetology
- Amar Mathis-Abney, Building Trades
- Mars DeSilva, Advertising Art & Web Design
- Faith Davoly, Building Trades
- Amir McInTosh, Building Trades
- Jimmy McGovern, Building Trades
- Jamai Vann, Cosmetology
- Aniyah Robinson, Undecided
- Chase Urquhart, Undecided
- Jayla Warrick, Undecided
- Vex Reed, Undecided
Faculty & Staff Advisors:
- Ms. Bridget Mullen, BA, Faculty Advisor
- Mr. Ryan R Keller, BA, Staff Advisor
Student Ambassador Program:
Student Ambassadors serve in leadership roles as representatives of Mercy Career & Technical High School. They help demonstrate the mission of Mercy CTE by exemplifying leadership, academic excellence and a compassionate Mercy spirit. Ambassadors participate in various functions including, but not limited to, meeting benefactors, prospective students and their families and acting as tour guides of the school’s campus and programs. Their role is integral in providing information about our school and demonstrating that our students are our greatest asset.
Activities: The role of an ambassador is to support the Advancement and Admissions Offices by attending the Annual Fundraiser Event and helping prospective students attend Open Houses.