Stay tuned, our 2021 Capstones are scheduled for Friday, May 21st.
At Mercy Tech, students use all of the skills they’ve built over the course of their 4 years here, highlighting their educational and intellectual experience. Performed at the end of senior year, students start formulating their topic, profession or social issue. Working with and/or calling on mentors in their field of interest, students are guided through the project, gaining knowledge of their chosen topic, and real-world experience, where possible.
- An opportunity for students to highlight their educational accomplishments
- Form a connection, and become immersed in, a field of interest
- Provide students the opportunity to exhibit their research, critical thinking, and presentation skills
- Create/ boost self-confidence. The process of thoroughly studying a subject and collaborating with an experienced mentor provides feelings of accomplishment
Major Capstone milestones include:
- Conducting thorough research on the project
- Maintaining a portfolio detailing the steps taken
- Creating a final presentation demonstrating steps that were taken and what was learned
- Presenting to a panel of Mercy Tech faculty, administration and Alumni
Take a look at our 2020 (all-virtual) Capstones: