The Cosmetology CTE program provides a combination of classroom theory and project-based training relative to the beauty industry. In this state–board–regulated program, cosmetology students are required to complete 1,250 instructional hours. This course provides the student with the tools, theoretical knowledge and the practical skills needed to become a licensed cosmetologist in the state of Pennsylvania. The student will learn and practice all practical skills in all aspects of hair, skin and nail care and will master these procedures in order to pass the PA State Board Examination, which is issued by Pearson Vue.
Through project-based learning and state license preparation, Mercy CTE cosmetology graduates are ready to enter the beauty industry with confidence in hair care, makeup artistry, nail care, and skin care.
- Pennsylvania State Cosmetology License upon graduation
- Since 2013, 95% of students have graduated as fully licensed cosmetologist
- OSHA 10
- Full-time or part-time employment in businesses such as Supercuts, Hair Cuttery, European Wax Center, MAC Cosmetics, L'ANZA, and private salons
- Four-year colleges such as Temple University, Alvernia College, and Albright College to pursue other careers using the transferable skills learned in cosmetology
- Two-year schools such as Community College of Philadelphia and Harcum College
FYI: Attending Jean Madeline Aveda Institute or Empire Beauty School (only available after high school) could cost at least $20,080 - $30,000 and take 11-14 months to complete