AboutThe Cosmetology CTE program provides a combination of classroom theory and project-based training relative to the beauty industry. In a 3-year state–board–regulated program, cosmetology students are required to complete 1,250 instructional hours, allowing them to obtain certification and practice with an operator’s license. With more dedicated hours than any other career and technical school in Philadelphia,
Mercy CTE students earn their state board--required hours and must register to take the state board exam before graduation. Upon passing the exam, students receive the Pennsylvania State Cosmetology License, which enables a promising future in cosmetology. Through project-based learning and state license preparation, Mercy CTE cosmetology graduates are ready to enter the beauty industry with confidence in hair care, makeup artistry, nail care, and skin care.
- Pennsylvania State Cosmetology License upon graduation
- Since 2013, 87% of students have graduated as fully licensed cosmetologists
- Full-time or part-time employment in businesses such as Supercuts and private salons
- Four-year colleges such as Temple University, Alvernia College, and Albright College to pursue other careers using the transferable skills learned in cosmetology
- Two-year schools such as Community College of Philadelphia