The Building Trades CTE program meets the job needs of the Philadelphia area. Jobs in facility maintenance are expected to grow by 6% by 2024.* This program provides skills needed for the building trades, property maintenance, and construction field. Students gain relevant classroom, and hands-on experience in carpentry, construction management, facility maintenance, electricity, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), and plumbing. The program is designed to build a strong work ethic and employable skills.
* U.S. Bureau of Labor & Statistics
In their senior year, approximately 50% to 75% of students are employed in a co-op position.
- National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) in core curriculum
- 92% of students earned certification over last 5 years
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30
- 93% of students earned certification since 2015
- First Aid & CPR/AED
- 95% of students earned their certifications in 2022
- Both shop instructors are NCCER Certified
- Williamson College of the Trades
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Full-time employment with companies such as Campus Apartments, Elliott Lewis, PTR Baler & Compactor, and University City Housing
- Apprenticeships with various trade unions
- Four-year colleges such as Cabrini University
- Two-year colleges such as Community College of Philadelphia and Pennsylvania College of Technology