All applicants must first register for and complete the Mercy Career & Technical High School Entrance Test. Please fill out the online Inquiry Form to register.
Scholarship awards will be based on the following criteria:
- The applicant’s 7th and 8th grade academic performance.
- The applicant’s entrance test results.
- The submitted letters of recommendation.
- The applicant’s submitted essay.
- The parent/applicant interview.
Applicant must submit an essay, double-spaced, one or two pages long. This essay must be submitted with the completed application. The essay must be signed and dated at the bottom by parent/guardian and student.
The essay topic/guidelines for all applicants are:
- Why do you believe Mercy Career & Technical High School is the best choice for you?
- What do you expect/hope to achieve through a Mercy Career & Technical High School education?
- In what ways have you been involved in and contributed to your school outside of the classroom (e.g. activities, sports, service, etc.) and in what ways will you do the same at Mercy Career & Technical High School?
Scholarship Renewal Criteria
To be eligible for annual renewal of the scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Student must achieve and maintain academic honors status.
- Student must maintain excellent conduct and attendance records.
- Student must maintain involvement in school sponsored activities.
- Student must be approved for renewal by the Scholarship Committee.