The Health Occupations CTE Program prepares students for healthcare careers. Students are introduced to various careers in the healthcare industry. The Nurse Aide Training portion of this program exceeds the 75-hour minimum curriculum provided in other certified nursing aide programs. Extended laboratory practice and clinical exposure ease the transition from high school student to healthcare worker. During first semester of senior year, students qualify to sit for the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Certification examination. Upon passing the exam, students are licensed by the State of Pennsylvania to provide care to patients in healthcare fields. Mercy CTE is working this year to offer additional healthcare-related career paths in 2018–2019.
- Pennsylvania Nurse Aide, CPR, and First Aid
- 99% earned Nurse Aide certification since the certification testing began
- Full-time or part-time employment in nursing homes such as Philadelphia Protestant Home, St. Ignatius Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Saint Joseph’s Villa
- Four-year colleges such as Gwynedd Mercy University and LaSalle University to pursue nursing degrees
- Two-year colleges such as Community College of Philadelphia